When exporting to overseas markets, many UK businesses expect buyers to transact in English. As a result, selling skills come under pressure when faced with cultural or language barriers.
80% of English exporters cannot conduct business dealings overseas competently in a foreign language; yet there are growing opportunities for UK companies exporting to overseas markets.
Germany is the UK’s second largest export market, followed by the Netherlands and France in a close third and fourth position. Even in these important EU countries, not all buyers will speak English and exporters greatly enhance the chances of success when they can demonstrate even a basic proficiency in the foreign language used and awareness of local business etiquette.
This course will improve your foreign language selling skills in the context of the target market and business culture. You will generate higher conversion rates when exporting to overseas markets.
To improve selling skills for UK businesses involved in exporting to foreign language markets.
You will be able to:
- Understand the business culture of key overseas markets
- Develop the language skills needed for effective exporting
- Present key product features in a foreign language
- Conduct business development in overseas markets confidently.
This course can be delivered to support the following languages: German, French, Polish and Spanish.
This course is aimed at delegates with B1 language skills and above. Course length will vary according to initial language levels.
See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.
One day intensive course for proficient learners that takes you through a range of scenarios that can occur when exporting or selling in overseas markets. Business culture and etiquette are highlighted throughout the course. Modules include:
- Making first contact: telephone and email communication
- Making appointments
- Visiting potential clients
- Presenting your products and services
- Listening to your customer
- Closing the sale.
- Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark
- Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day
- You will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of each day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate your language and selling skills.
- Pre-course initial assessment
- Course folder with tailored learning materials
- Use of Learning Zone for 3 months
- Post course language coaching
- End of course progress report.
What do our delegates say?
"I feel that my course was very beneficial. The course content was useful and specific to my needs. I feel that the course tutors were very aware of what my needs were and that they were catered for as much as possible during the week. Excellent support throughout!!"
Manager, Champion Laboratories (Europe) Ltd.