So you know how to introduce yourself, order food and pay a bill. You have got some language skills and understand the basics of the local business culture. So what next? How can you extend your language skills and understanding of foreign corporate culture to have a positive impact on your business?
Next Steps is a language workshop aimed at delegates with some basic knowledge of the target language and corporate culture. It will help you take your business with clients in important export markets to the next level.
To provide you with an essential toolkit for making a successful initial contact with clients overseas
You will be able to:
- Present yourself and your company appropriately
- Use appropriate business and social etiquette
- Quickly reach decision makers when using the phone
- Use English effectively to complement your foreign language skills
- Understand corporate culture and international communication strategies.
This programme can be delivered to support the following languages: German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Polish
Next Steps is a language workshop aimed at delegates with A1 language skills and above.
See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.
Your language training will include a range of scenarios that can occur when making initial contact with clients. Business culture and etiquette are highlighted throughout the programme:
- Find out more about your foreign clients and what makes them tick
- Be confident when presenting yourself at a company reception
- Be able to talk about your company and what you do
- Be confident getting around by taxi and train
- Be able to get through to the right person on the telephone
- Be confident taking part in meetings
- Find out how to use English effectively when it is the lingua franca of your business negotiations.
- One day programme
- Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark
- This programme can also be delivered as in-company training at your own premises
- Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day
- Delegates will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of the day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate their skills
- Follow up coaching will be provided.
- Pre-programme initial assessment
- Programme workbook and materials pack
- Use of Learning Zone for 1 month
What do our delegates say?
‘Thank you for a wonderful day.’
Eric Allan – Kodiak German Next Steps 8th February
‘I can more confidently present myself to a German client. I am also more confident with numbers and may make a phone call to a German company rather than emailing!’
Sarah Brumby – Luxus Ltd German Next Steps 8th February