Focusing on business language and etiquette, the intensive English course 'Business language and culture' is delivered in the historic town of Newark-on-Trent, England. A small market town in the East Midlands, Newark has strong twinning links with Emmendingen (Germany), Sandomierz (Poland) and Saint-Cyr-Sur-Loire (France). It is just an hour and twenty minutes away from London by rail.
Newark has a thriving business community and is the perfect place to meet up with local business people to practise your language skills and find out more about business culture.
You will develop quickly develop your business communication skills through the intensive English training that the programme delivers but there will also be time for more relaxed use of English language in social and business environments.
To provide you with an intensive English training experience that immerses you in a totally interactive business language and culture experience.
You will be able to:
- Use English as a business language
- Understand business culture and business etiquette
- Effectively use business communication e.g. emails, making phone calls etc.
- Develop essential business language skills
- Improve spoken fluency and confidence.
The taught language is English.
Business language and culture is an intensive English course aimed at people with B1 language skills and above.
See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.
- Business language: industry terms, acronyms and language
- Business communication: using the telephone and email
- Presentation skills
- Taking part in meetings; and networking
- Making appointments
- Visiting potential clients
- Presenting yourself, your products and services
- Business etiquette and culture.
- Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark, England
- Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day
- You will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of each day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate your skills
- Follow up coaching will be provided via our virtual classroom.
There will be opportunities to visit local business networks and clubs to practise your spoken communication and gain a deeper insight into English business culture.
- Pre-coursee initial assessment
- Course folder with tailored learning materials
- Use of Learning Zone for 3 months
- Visits to local business clubs and networks
- Some cultural evening excursions
- Post course language coaching via virtual classroom
- End of course progress report.
What do our delegates say?
"I did not have the confidence to speak English in public. This experience has enabled me to speak with confidence at our UK Directors Meeting..... it has honestly changed my life."
Managing Director, Zurich Swiss Tulle
We can provide you with details of local accommodations or we can arrange them for you and include the additional charges in your course fee.