We have developed a range of financial courses specifically to support those who deal with finances on a daily basis.
Finance Terms is a one day intensive company training course aimed at employees with beginner language skills who need an overview of foreign language financial terms.
The course explores key financial terms and phrases, helping you to build a vocabulary bank to use when dealing with financial transactions. Finance Terms is also suitable for employees who occasionally need to chase invoices from overseas customers or recognise financial terms.
To provide you with a basic grounding in financial terms to enable you to deal effectively with international transactions.
You will be able to:
- Recognise and use key financial terms and phrases
- Understand foreign language financial terms
- Deal with foreign language invoicing
- Expedite payments in a foreign language.
The Finance Terms course can be delivered to support the following languages: English, German and French.
This course is aimed at delegates with A1 language skills and above.
See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.
Finance Terms is a one day intensive course for proficient learners. It takes you through a range of scenarios that can occur when dealing with international financial transactions and expediting payments in a foreign language.
Business culture and etiquette are highlighted throughout the programme modules:
- Recognising and using numbers
- Basic financial terms
- Understanding invoice terminology
- Recognising and using days and dates
- Chasing payments.
- Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark, England. This programme can also be delivered as in-company training at your workplace.
- Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day.
- Delegates will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of each day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate their skills.
- Follow up coaching will be provided via our virtual classroom.
- Pre-course initial assessment
- Coursee folder with tailored learning materials
- Use of Learning Zone for 2 months
- Post course language coaching via virtual classroom
- End of course progress report.
What do our delegates say?
"The course material on finance vocabulary is totally relevant to my job and the homework set fits very well with the exercises we carried out during the session!"
Credit Controller, Johnson and Johnson