Many of our clients work with English speaking partners and customers. However, they recognise the need to improve intercultural communication through better foreign language skills and cultural awareness. Improving your intercultural communication will help you to better develop your client relationships to secure future business.
Effective intercultural communication and knowing the impact that cultural differences can have on client relationships is one of the keys to success in international business. Improving levels of cultural awareness can help you to develop your international client relationships and enable employees to become more globally sensitive.
We have developed a course aimed at learners with no or beginner language skills to help you when developing client relationships.
To improve your intercultural communication by providing a comprehensive guide to cultural differences and developing the language skills needed to make a great impression.
You will be able to:
- Understand intercultural communication
- Folow regional culture and etiquette rules
- Conduct effective business communication
- Make a great first impression
- Meet and greet clients appropriately.
The course can be delivered to support the following languages: English, German, French, Polish, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
The ‘developing client relationships’ programme is aimed at delegates with A1 language skills and above. The programme length will vary according to initial language levels.
- A1/A2: 2 day programme (delivered over 2weeks)
- B1: 1 day programme
- B2: 1 day programme.
See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.
One or two days intensive course that takes you through a range of scenarios that can occur when developing client relationships. Business culture and etiquette are highlighted throughout the course modules:
- Focus on business culture
- Welcoming, meeting and greeting clients
- Making small talk
- Making and accepting invitations
- Talking about yourself, your company and your role.
- Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark, England. This course can also be delivered as in-company training at your premises.
- Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day.
- Delegates will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of each day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate their skills
- Follow up coaching will be provided via our virtual classroom.
- Pre-course initial assessment
- Course folder with tailored learning materials
- Use of Learning Zone for 2 months
- Post course language coaching via virtual classroom
- End of course progress report.
What do our delegates say?
"Sessions were fun and varied and the mixture of material supplied kept me interested."
Engineer, Zytek Automotive Ltd.