Welcome to Optima Training

Please log in with the username and password you have been supplied with to access the user area.

Click here if you need a reminder of your username or password. If you are still having problems logging in, please contact us and we will be happy to help.

Member Login



Request Contact

We would be happy to provide more information on the services we offer. Please let us know your contact details and we'll be in touch soon.

Your Name
Phone Number

Your Needs
Your Email (optional)

 

Optima

Effective Client Communication

Suitable for language levels A2 to B2Do you speak your customer’s language? You may have some language skills but effective communication with clients also requires an understanding of business culture and etiquette. Did you know that only 7% of communication is words? The remaining 93% is non-verbal communication such as tone of voice and body language.

This course helps develop your language skills and vocabulary, as well as focusing on business culture. Improve your communication skills by understanding the “do’s and don’ts” of business etiquette and the cultural expectations of your customers.

Course aim

To provide you with a comprehensive guide to effective communication with overseas clients.

Course targets

You will develop a better understanding of business culture and the language used in your target markets to improve your client communication skills. The course will help you to:

  • Better understand business culture and etiquette rules
  • Improve your communication skills on the telephone and via email
  • Develop your communication skills for meetings
  • Appreciate the impact of body language on your communication skills.

Language

This course can be delivered to support the following languages: English, German, French, Polish and Spanish.

Language level

This programme is aimed at delegates with A2 language skills and above. Course length may vary according to initial language levels.

Don’t worry if your language skills are lower than this – we can give you an intensive language boost to prepare you for the course.

  • A2: 3 day programme (delivered over 3 weeks)
  • B1: 2 day programme (delivered over 2 weeks)
  • B2: 1 day programme.

See our PDF guide to the Common European Framework Languages for details of language learning levels.

Course content

One, two or three day intensive language course to take learners through a range of scenarios that can occur when communicating with clients. Business culture and etiquette are highlighted throughout the programme. Modules include:

  • Meeting clients: conversation starters and etiquette rules
  • Formal and informal language
  • Hand gestures and body language
  • Effective communication with email: vocabulary, written communication tips and email etiquette rules
  • Effective communication on the phone: vocabulary, pronunciation and phone etiquette rules
  • Focus on business culture.

Course delivery

  • Face to face delivery at our offices in Newark, England. This programme can be delivered as in-company training at your workplace
  • Training delivery consists of 5 hours per day
  • You will be given additional short tasks and activities at the end of each day and will also be able to use the Learning Zone to consolidate your skills
  • Follow up coaching will be provided via our virtual classroom.

Course elements

  • Pre-course initial assessment
  • Course folder with tailored learning materials
  • Use of Learning Zone for 2 months
  • Post course language coaching via virtual classroom
  • End of course progress report.

What do our delegates say?

"I can honestly say I have found myself extremely lucky to have had such an excellent tutor.  I will continue to work with more confidence as her encouragement has spurred me to carry on, on my own."
Supervisor, Flowserve